My name is Vic, I’m the founder of SEO Summer – an Australian digital marketing agency that specialises in SEO.
We help businesses just like yours realise their full potential through organic rankings in Google. Having your business show up in Google is the most effective way to drive customers to your website.
Facebook and social media ads are expensive and require phenomenal content. You catch your audience when they are not fully engaged, and many people that click have no intention of buying.
Visibility in search engines is much better and translates to higher sales. Google offers search ads, which appear at the top of the search results. But these are also expensive and can be triggered by bots and malicious competitors who want to see you fail.
In fact, depending on the search, as many as 75% of people scroll past the ads straight to organic results. The first Google result gets 25% of the clicks and the CTR then sharply drops, with the 10th result getting only 2.5%.
What is SEO and has does it work?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation – it’s a series of techniques that result in your website ranking higher in Google. We’ve broken it down into a 5-step process to make it easier to digest.
1. Step 1 of any SEO campaign involves putting together an organic strategy and completing keyword research to inform SEO decisions. Everything must be data driven, we don’t guess in SEO. Everything should be very cut and dry based on volume and competition.
2. Once an SEO plan is established, On-page optimisation can begin. This is the 2nd step. We will fix your website so that it CAN rank. This means setting meta parameters, adjusting copy, optimising images, creating appropriate internal linking structure.
3. The 3rd step is technical SEO. The website needs to be technically sound. That means fixing any errors and optimising the speed. A slow website will not only result in impatient users bouncing from your website, but can result in algorithmic Google penalties as well.
4. Step number 4 is establishing a strong content plan. To build authority with Google, content is not optional. You need to prove to Google that your website is a trusted source of information. You do this by creating content and demonstrating EAT – which stands for expertise, authoritativeness and trust. Content must be pushed out on a regular basis, as Google looks favourably on active websites.
5. The final step, step number 5, is link building. Anyone can slap together a website and content. But that’s not enough. Although Google is getting smarter, it’s not sophisticated enough to tell what is ‘the best content’. Various user signals can help. But ultimately Google relies on authoritativeness for this.
This relies on other high authority websites vouching for your website. And the way Google can tell if a website vouches for another website is through backlinks. These are hyperlinks that connect one website to another, and on a larger scale, connect the entire internet.
For local businesses, there are additional local SEO strategies that focus on location pages and a strong Google My Business presence. The goal here is to show up for location queries and to be a big player in the map pack – as this is where most people click when they are out and want to go to a specific physical business.
There are plenty of case studies on our website, where you can see the awesome results we’ve been able to achieve with our clients.